Terms and Conditions of use
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR WEBSITE
If at any time, you do not agree with our terms and conditions, please do not use our site or stop using our site immediately.
1. Access to our website
When registering as a registered user on our website you hereby warrant that all of the information that you provide is true, accurate and complete. You are not allowed to create more than one account if the purpose of such additional account(s) is to abuse the functionality of our site or to breach these terms.
If we provide you with a user ID, password or any other type of identification security code (password), you must treat such password as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. Do not share your date of birth, postal address, personal email address, or any other sensitive personal information on or through our website with anyone. You will be held responsible and liable for any actions of any person logging into the site using your password. In case we suspect you have shared such password with an unauthorized third party in breach of these terms, we reserve the right, at any time, to disable such password.
We have the right to change or terminate the services we provide on our site without giving you prior notice and we are not liable if, for any reason, our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
For technical and / or non-technical reasons, we may, from time to time, restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
When using our site, and in particular when contributing text or images via our website including our online private chat facility (Chat), our private emailing system (Private Messaging), and our newsfeed facility (Newsfeed) you must also comply with the provisions of clauses 13 to 15 inclusive (our Acceptable Use policy).
Please also note that you, as the user of our website, are solely responsible for making all arrangements necessary to have access to our site, including lawful access to an internet connection, and an up to date internet browser and security software. You are also solely responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
2. IP Rights
The expression “Intellectual Property Rights” refers to all products, services, ideas and concepts that people create. This includes patents, copyright and trade marks (IP Rights). We need to make you aware that, except for the content uploaded by you, we own (or licence) all IP Rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All of our rights are reserved, which means that we are not granting you any licence to commercially exploit them.
We encourage you to print off copies of pages of our site or download any relevant material but only do it for your own personal use. You may not, however, use any content downloaded from our website for your own commercial benefit, unless we, or our licensors, grant you a specific right to do so. We will not be held liable for any infringement of IP Rights by a user (registered or not) using content made accessible by another user through our website or any communication channels provided through our website.
In the event that you are in breach of these terms, we reserve the right to cut you off and / or ask you to return or destroy any copies of content downloaded or copied from our website.
3. Relying on Information Posted on our website
Any content posted on our website be it commentaries, photos, opinions etc. is not meant to be advice of any kind and should therefore not be relied upon. We, therefore, disclaim any and all liabilities arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user of our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
4. Changes to our site
We reserve the right to change the content and layout of our site (including these terms) at any time without notice. However, some of the content may be outdated and we disclaim any liability with regards to any reliance placed on such content. Please also note that we may suspend or close our site indefinitely without having to tell you beforehand.
5. Limitation of liability
The content provided on or through our website (including but not limited to Newsfeed information, photo, video or audio content) is supplied without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we, together with any third parties connected to us, hereby expressly exclude:
- All representations, warranties and conditions, which may be implied by statute, common law or equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or the content of any materials uploaded by another user or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Please also note that the views expressed on our site by registered or unregistered users are theirs and are not necessarily shared by us. We therefore are not responsible for the content of any information communicated on or through our website.
When arranging to meet another user through our website (whether matched through our site or not), you must take appropriate precautions and any such meetings are at your own risk and are not our responsibility. It is your sole responsibility to run all appropriate checks (CRB, DBS, credit checks etc…) on such users before meeting and/or entering into any contractual arrangements with them. We have no control over, nor accept any responsibility or liability for, any such arrangements or issues you may encounter with them.
6. Visiting our site and information we collect
7. Uploading content to our site
When you upload content to our site, or if you contact other users of our site, you must do so in compliance with our Acceptable Use policy (clauses 13 to 15 inclusive) and these Terms and Conditions. By uploading to our site, you also warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and, you hereby agree to indemnify us in full for any breach of that warranty.
Please remember that any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content, reliability, integrity, legality or accuracy of any content or materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We reserve the right to remove any content or post you make on our site if, in our sole opinion, such content or post does not comply with our acceptable use policy.
8. Viruses, hacking and other offences
You may not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you are committing a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
9. Linking to our site
Feel free to link your website or blog to our Newsfeed, but this must be done in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. Do not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Do not establish a link to our Newsfeed or any of our website pages for any commercial purpose without our prior written consent.
Also, do not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the Newsfeed. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use policy (clauses 13 to 15 inclusive).
10. Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
11. Trade marks
Property Buyers Match and its logo are trademarks of Property Buyers Match Limited.
These terms may be updated from time to time. You accept sole responsibility to check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we have made.
13. Prohibited uses
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see clause 14 below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojans, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, rootkit, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To conduct any automated data collection in relation to users or the services provided by us including but not limited to data mining or harvesting.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate copy or re-sell any part of our site or content downloaded through our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
14. Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it including our Chat, Private Messaging and Newsfeed.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be harmful to minors.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be bullying, predatory or threatening in nature.
- Abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
15. Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
16. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.