Property Buyers Match Limited (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), Property Buyers Match Limited of Kemp House, 152 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, United Kingdom, is the data controller.
This policy (together with our Terms of and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us through our website, Newsfeed, Private Messaging and Chat (as defined in our Terms and Conditions), will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand what our approach to personal data is and how we handle it.
Information we may collect from you
Depending on your level of interaction with our website and whether you choose to register, we will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Propertybuyersmatch.co.uk (our site or website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or posting material and comments using Chat, Private Messaging and our Newsfeed. When reporting a problem with our site, we may also ask for information such as phone number or email address for the purpose of assisting you with your issue.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own technical and business optimisation purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What we use your information for
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that our site content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our service and obligations under our Terms and Conditions.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (including, but not limited to Chat, Private Messaging and Newsfeed), when you choose to do so.
- To provide third parties with statistical information about our registered and unregistered users. Please note that such data will not enable identification of users.
- To notify you about changes to our services or outcome of an issue you raised.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If our whole business or some of the assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- As a registered user, we will share your profile information with other registered users once you have been matched by our system.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information